Sunday, May 29, 2011

Shawl Pin









My latest creations are custom shawl pins inspired by my mother's persistent request that I make her one! I used a variety of metals (copper, nickel & sterling silver). I used cold fusion with brass rivets to secure the layers. Then I added a little patina & I think that they turned out great! They are suprisingly lightweight and are about 2" in diameter with a 4.5" straight pin. I am planning on listing them for customization on my etsy page. Other ideas I am considering are riveting a piece of beach glass or perhaps a large pearl to the end of the straight pin for an added detail. I will be offering those as options on my etsy listing. I made a similar one for an Aunt with a sterling heart riveted to the end of the pin. I found that a little weight on the end helps it to stay put.

No comments:

Post a Comment